Some people have fallen for the idea of taking a magic pill that will cause them to lose weight and stay fit. Unfortunately, there is no magic pill that will make you lose weight without doing any work but there are supplements that can help. Natural supplements are a great way to help your body during your journey to reach your goal. One natural supplement that is close to the idea of a magic pill is Garcinia Cambogia. Garcinia Cambogia benefits weight loss in many different ways but most importantly, it’s natural and perfectly safe to take.
Many Garcinia Cambogia benefits include health and fitness benefits naturally. Knowing them can help boost your weight loss goals.
Monitor What You Eat
No matter how natural or safe Garcinia Cambogia is, it’s important to eat properly. A well-balanced meal should always be on the menu and healthy snacks, if you need them, are best. Replacing a meal with a natural supplement is not something anyone should aim to do. Instead, using natural supplements to help alongside a healthy diet and physical activity should be the reason for taking Garcinia.
Carbohydrates are important as they give us energy but too many carbs and not enough physical activity and instead of energy, you’ll get fat. Garcinia Cambogia can help you cut the carbs if you can’t cut them alone. This natural supplement will help you by making you feel full and satisfied after you eat. That would mean there will be no over-eating or feeling hungry shortly after a meal.
When we eat carbohydrates, those cars have two ways they can go. Carbs can go directly to our muscles and be burned as energy. On the other hand, carbs can be stored for energy use later as fat. Garcinia Cambogia can help direct carbs in the right direction. Simply put, Garcinia will direct carbs to glycogen storage in your muscles and liver, instead of becoming fat.
How it Works
Studies have shown us how Garcinia Cambogia benefits work and have also proven that it does, in fact, work. Garcinia blocks a portion of an enzyme, which turns sugars and starches into fat. The action takes place in your liver, then a signal is sent to the brain due to the metabolic alteration and that reduces your appetite.
Garcinia Cambogia benefits make you feel full by working on the metabolism directly in the liver, but there is another way. The brain is filled with different chemical reactions and Garcinia aids in a chemical reaction that helps in weight loss. Garcinia helps with fat loss by increasing the levels of serotonin released in the brain. When serotonin levels are high, you can control your appetite more easily.
Garcinia Cambogia Dosage
It can be difficult when choosing the right dosage of natural supplements. Like medications, sometimes one pill isn’t enough. On the other hand, too much of the supplement and you’ll just be wasting it. Dr. Preuss and Dallas Clouatre performed a study that gives us the ideal dosing information.
1. Choose a preparation that is at a minimum 50 percent HCA and is not composed wholly of calcium salts: Make sure potassium (K) and/or magnesium (Mg) is present. If the product has a low lactone content, that is even better.
2. Be sure to take an adequate dose. For a Ca (calcium)/K (potassium) preparation used successfully and reported in a peer-reviewed publication, the dose of extract was near 1.5 g, three times per day before meals. In 70% Garcinia preparation, that approximates 0.8 g of Garcinia prior to each meal.
3. Take the preparation on an empty stomach, i.e., 30-60 minutes before each meal.
2) Preuss HG, et al. Efficacy of a novel, natural extract of (-)-hydroxycitric acid (HCA-SX) and a combination of HCA-SX, niacin-bound chromium and Gymnema sylvestre extract in weight management in human volunteers: a pilot study. Nutrition Research. 2004 Jan; 24(1); 45-58.
3) Preuss, HG, et al., Effects of a natural extract of (-)-hydroxycitric acid (CHA-SX) and a combination of HCA-SX plus niacin-bound chromium and Gymnema sylvestre extract on weight loss. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2004 May; 6(3): 171-80.
4) Preuss, HG and Dallas Clouatre. Garcinia cambogia: How to optimize its effects. Available from:http://www.anh-usa.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/garcinia-cambogia2.pdf